The mattress is not only a single thing you’ll need to care about. There is much more to take into accounts such as material for bed frames that are available in a lot of styles, sizes, and materials you might get confused with. To save you the headache, we’ll walk you through the list of 3 top-most bed frame materials with the pros and cons of each. Let’s move on;
- Wooden Bed Frames
One of the most durable and common materials used for bed frames is wood. Oak, pine, maple, mahogany, and walnut are some of the most common wooden bed frames. With a natural aesthetic, wooden bed frames look perfect in almost every room. If you are looking for a bright, light, and airy bed frame, a white wooden frame would be the best choice to opt for.
- Wooden bed frames are available in a huge variety of styles. If you’re looking for something simple, you may opt for plain wood and if you’re looking to have an ornate appearance in your room, designs carved in the wood would be a great idea.
- Known for their durability, wooden bed frames are unique and can easily match any décor.
- The material doesn’t require high maintenance.
- If the style is outdated, you can repaint it.
- The major downside of having wooden bed frames is that they are difficult to move because of heavyweight.
- They are resistant to cracks or holes.
- Metal Bed Frames
Metal is another popular yet luxurious bed frame material. Whether you’re looking for a minimalistic bed frame, classically elegant bed frame, or an industrial bed frame, metal bed frames come in a lot of styles that suit any décor.
- Metal bed frames are highly durable and long-lasting.
- They are also versatile and easy to clean.
- Cost-effective than wooden bed frames.
- They are more prone to rusting.
- Bed frames made with metal are highly susceptible to creaking noises.
- Upholstered Bed Frames
The upholstered bed frame is one of the best materials to choose from because it is luxurious, bold, super comfy, and can easily match your décor. These bed frames are available as deeply buttoned or flat panel features with a wide range of sizes. Moreover, you can have a huge variety of colors if opting for upholstered bed frames but neutral tones would work great everywhere.
- Upholstered bed frames are versatile. You can have a wide range of colors, fabrics, and patterns to choose from. The most common fabrics are vinyl, leather, velvet, or even suede.
- They provide extra warmth and comfort so that you can easily watch a TV or read your favourite
- It is not suitable for allergic patients.
- To keep it free from dust and pet hairs, you’ll have to do regular vacuuming.
- The fabric is not resistant to impressions, dents, and grease spots. Less durable as compared to metal and wood.
When it comes to deciding the material for the bed frame, no option can be better or worse. It’s entirely down to your priorities, preferences, interior styles, and budget. But make sure to keep your bed frame cleaned and maintained no matter what type of material it is made of.