Even if you have the most well-maintained and tidiest home in the neighborhood, deep cleaning wouldn’t do it any harm. The fall season is the perfect time to deep clean your home since the cold starts to set in and you spend more time indoors. You can break up deep cleaning into smaller tasks to not get overwhelmed. Otherwise, you can search for “home cleaning services near me” and hire a professional to do it for you. Let’s check out the steps to the best fall deep clean ever:
1. Bedroom Deep Clean – Your bedroom is the place you use to get a good night’s rest, read a book or spend some quality time with your partner. It should be free from dust, dirt, and allergens so that you can enjoy your time in absolute privacy. Let’s check out how you can deep clean your bedroom:
- Step 1 – Wash or dry clean the bedding. That includes shams, pillows, duvet covers, bed skirts, and even down-filled items. After they get washed, make sure you run them through an extra spin cycle in the dryer on low settings for safe, efficient, and quick drying. Throw in tennis balls along with stuffed items like pillows to prevent clumping. For sensitive items like synthetic pillows, you’re better off air-drying them. If you have bulky comforters, you need to go to the laundromat to get access to the extra-large front-loading washers.
- Step 2 – Open the closet and hunt down all the clothes you didn’t wear in the past season or the past year. If you didn’t wear them for so long, it’s highly likely that you won’t wear them anymore. Put them in a bag to donate them to a charity or sell them online. Clean your wardrobe and disinfect it thoroughly.
- Step 3 – While your bedding may be cleaned, the mattress is still filthy. Get some baking soda and sprinkle it all over the mattress. Let it sit for an hour or two and get on with other deep cleaning routines in other rooms. After the baking powder soaks in odor and kills the germs, vacuum it off the mattress. After that, flip the mattress and repeat.
2. Kitchen Deep Clean – No matter how clean your kitchen is, it can always get cleaner after a deep clean session.
- Step 4 – Wipe the exposed tops on your kitchen cabinet and then place shelf liners over them. Next time, you can replace the liner that collects dust instead of wiping with all your might. Get a wood cleaner and wipe the cabinet doors on both sides. If the doors have painted or laminate surfaces, warm water with dish soap is enough.
- Step 5 – Bring the fridge, microwave, and other appliances away from the wall and clean the exposed walls and the back or sides of the appliances. You can also use dish soap and warm water to deep clean the appliances from the inside out.
- Step 6 – Move all items away from the countertops and clean them thoroughly. Once the surfaces dry out, get rid of clutter by placing only frequently used items on the countertop. Shove other items in hidden spots. This keeps the countertop cleaner throughout the year.
- Step 7 – Empty out the pantry shelves and wipe them down inside out. If you have a large tray or roasting pan, put it at the bottom to catch all the dry crumbs off the racks. To get your deep cleaning game to another level, get an air compressor and blow dust and crumbs off the refrigerator coils and the heating elements on your stovetop.
3. Bathroom Deep Clean – Your bathroom is the favorite place for microorganisms, germs, and all kinds of bacteria since it’s warm and humid. Deep cleaning ensures your and your family’s health.
- Step 8 – Uninstall the shower curtain and put it through a gentle and cold wash cycle. Make sure you read the label for washing instructions if your shower curtain is made from a unique blend of fabrics. Partially dry the curtain on low settings and then hang it to dry.
- Step 9 – Remove soap scum water spots and other stubborn spots with a mixture of vinegar and water. Wipe the solution on the shower doors and other surfaces with the spot and keep those spots wet with the solution for half an hour. Finally, scrub those spots with baking soda to restore the shine and sparkle.
- Step 10 – Cabinets under the sink always brew chaos. They are cluttered with all sorts of junk and it’s time you clean them up. Pull out everything, separate what you don’t use, and throw them in the trash. Wipe the cabinets and then place the useful items inside.
4. Living Room Deep Clean – It’s time to get really busy and clean out the most frequented place in your home, the living room.
- Step 11 – Remove the cushions from the couch and vacuum the upholstered surfaces including the back of the furniture. Put all the throw pillows and their covers inside the washer and air dry them. Make sure you check the TV cabinet and get rid of unused game and movie discs.
- Step 12 – Bring down the framed photos and artwork and dust them on the front and the back with a fine microfiber cloth. Make sure that you spray the cleaning liquid on the cloth instead of the glass surface. You don’t want any liquid to seep inside from the corners and ruin the pictures.
- Step 13 – Reach under heavy electronics and cabinets with a thin dusting wand and run it under the surfaces to get rid of the accumulated dust.
Now that you’re aware of all the steps to deep clean your home during the fall season, you should get the cleaning supplies and tools and get to the job. If things still seem too difficult and tedious you can leave it to the professionals. You can hire a reputable cleaning company by searching for “home cleaning services near me”.